21 Women reveal the struggles of having an insecure partner
No matter how successful or happy you are with life, we all get a little insecure at times. It's part of being human, and necessary for gaining perspective and being able to grow. But being constantly insecure about things that are totally exaggerated in your own head can cause all kinds of problems, especially if you're in a relationship.
These women confessed what it's like to have an insecure partner, revealing what it is that their partner feels unconfident or unsure about. Most of the time it's about physical appearances, but sometimes it's to do with unjustified jealousy – and that can be really damaging to a relationship.
While you might feel obligated to figure out where your partner's insecurity comes from and how you could help them overcome it, there's also a limit to how much you should put up with. As you'll see with some of these stories, sometimes there's just no way for you to help them, which is when their insecurity becomes a dealbreaker.
1. There's more to someone than just their hair
2. It's always worse in your own mind
3. His insecurity might be a deal-breaker
4. "To me he is perfect"
5. Constant comparison gets you nowhere
6. You can't blame yourself
7. That's not good
8. I mean, you're allowed to talk to them
9. Nothing like a bit of healthy reassurance
10. Height is a common one
11. There shouldn't be any power play
12. Jealousy is a curse
13. Oh dear
14. Skeletons in the closet
15. It's really not up to you
16. Dude, you're hot
17. This shouldn't be such a big deal
18. That ain't healthy
19. It might be time to call it quits...
20. It's just "exhausting"
21. It might be a sign you should break up
It can be tough being in a relationship with someone who is very insecure about themselves, as well as your relationship. As long as you're reassuring, a good listener and filling them with confidence by reminding them of all their good features, you're on your way to a happier, stronger relationship.