Man who swallowed his AirPod found it still worked after passing through his digestive system
According to The Daily Mail, a man who accidentally swallowed one of his Apple AirPods discovered that it was still functional.
Ben Hsu purportedly fell asleep while wearing the wireless earphones, and found that he was missing one when he woke up. He proceeded to use Apple's tracking feature to locate it. The feature prompts a missing, connected AirPod, which is also within range, to play a sound.
Hsu heard the beeping sound, but could not figure out where it was coming from. "I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn't find it — then I realized the sound was coming from my stomach," he said, per the publication.
Staff at the Kaohsiung Municipal Hospital in Taiwan confirmed that the missing AirPod was in his stomach, and was in the process of passing through his digestive system. Hsu later clarified that he found the AirPod the following day after it passed naturally. He detailed that the headphone was still in one piece, and functional after it had been sterilised.
A doctor who worked in the hospitals emergency department stated that swallowing the AirPod did not cause any damage as Hsu was not directly exposed to the product's battery.
"The battery was still at 41%," Hsu reportedly said. "It was incredible."