Here are the best behind-the-scenes Met Gala celebrity Instagrams
Arguably the most highly anticipated - not to mention avant-garde - sartorial event of the season, the Met Gala never fails to capture the public consciousness. And this year's theme, Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination, was no different. From bedazzled headpieces to spectacular trains, and all sorts of crowns, crosses, and wings, 2018's annual funding party for New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art was packed with over-the-top ensembles which fused high-fashion and religion.
And now that we've seen pictures of Rihanna's epic Margiela papal crown and cape, and Blake Lively's custom Versace gown (which she paired with over $2 million worth of Lorraine Schwartz jewellery), many of us want to see what went into the making of these sacred looks. Here are eight of the best behind-the-scenes celebrity Instagrams...
1. Ashley Graham taking care of those pesky nose hairs
2. The final touches being added to Gigi Hadid's Versace gown
3. Kim Kardashian taking some downtime
4. Karlie Kloss being sewn into her Brandon Maxwell dress
5. Salma Hayek sparkling
6. Tiffany Haddish getting her makeup done
7. Anne Hathaway giving us a sneak peek of her Valentino dress
8. Gisele posing in gold
Well, there you have it. The event of the season takes a lot of prep, and aren't we glad that we spent it at home, on the sofa, binge-watching Netflix?